Thursday, September 8, 2011

Yumminess


So I’ll tell you about a recent hobby of mine: Homemade Ice Cream

See I got a 2 qt Cuisinart ice cream maker for my b’day.  It is so beautiful! The best part about it is that you don't need rock salt to make the ice cream.  There is this tub that has ice on the inside so that after freezing it for 8 hrs all you have to do is add the ice cream mixture, press on, and presto! In 25 minutes you have ice cream/sorbet/frozen yogurt.  So far I’ve made lemon/lime sorbet, frozen vanilla yogurt (we get our yogurt plain from a farm so I had to add lotsss of honey and sugar to it, but for frozen yogurt it tasted pretty good), strawberry ice cream, raspberry ice cream, peanut butter ice cream (YUM), coffee ice cream, cookies 'n cream, vanilla bean ice cream, and strawberry sorbet.

OK, I sorta made the strawberry sorbet 3 times.  But it is so good! I’m addicted :D.
One of the blessings of being in a big family is you can never have too much ice cream...

No comments:

Post a Comment