Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Nothing is really typical around here

I’d like to take you through a typical *cough* day of me being a homeschooler.

7:45 – I wake up.  As in, I open my eyes hoping that this state of being awake is just a bad dream.  But, alas, as I lay there for a minute or two my brain begins to function.  I begin to remember the mountain of schoolwork that I must complete and all the things I must do before my trip this weekend!  Curse you brain for using your organizational powers on me at this exact moment.  Now I feel obliged to do something productive.  Lately, I’ve been noticing my mood when I wake up and the impact it has on my day.  Like this morning I woke up in an optimistic “I’m going to start fresh and have a good day,” mood.  Whattadifference.


8:15 ish – I walk downstairs, eat cereal, CHEERIOS are the way to go imho, and start school.  Mi madre is really into classical music these days; something about appreciating real talent.  Whatever that means.  Haha.

10:02 - Some people in my family are sick so somehow the baby, 2 yrs, is getting away with watching Thomas the Tank Engine.  Why, when I was a kid, I never got to watch TV in the middle of the day.   

10:15 OK so sometimes I write little love notes to my future husband.  Because I’m a romantic and yesterday was Valentine’s Day.  Hey I’m single and I can do what I want.  Don’t judge me!   

11:30 Lunch break! One of the most beautiful things about being homeschooled is how creative you get to be in the kitchen.  Like today I had a scrumptious salad for lunch with some cookies.  I also *had* to do some things like discuss prom forms for my 3 dates with my mom, brother, and 2 friends.  And I’m pretty sure I talked to my sister somewhere in there.

3:30 School day is technically over.  I did some Macbeth, Woman in White, government, religion and bio.  Now it’s time to babysit!

6:30  Whew.  Why am I so tuckered out after only 3 hours of babysitting? I babysit weekly for a 4 yr old and twins for a family who lives right down the street from my house. C, one of the twins, is soo adorable.  There was this one moment when I was holding him and he just randomly gave me the sweetest kiss on the cheek.  What a ham!  Also, it’s kinda fun and challenging to hold the twins in my arms at the same time.  Don’t worry, I’m careful!

7:30 Doing dishes for 10 people when the dishwasher runs out of room for all the soup bowls is loads of funnn.

8:30  I look in my inbox to find a recruitment questionnaire needs to be filled out for some press conference.  Yipee.  My recruiting coach called and I called him back but I got his voice mail.  Wonderful.  Atleast I get to listen to Taylor Swift’s new song “Safe and Sound” while I write this questionnaire out.  I’m also looking into buying Audrey Assad’s album “Heart”.  From the demos on itunes, all her songs sound really beautiful.  I love authentic Christian artists! 

10:36 Forget that government test.  I need me some Downtown Abbey!  Buying season 1 was a mistake….I’m so obsessed with the time period, characters, COSTUMES, and setting.  I highly highly recommend it!  

10:40 GAH there is so much to do before I leave on Friday morning! 




1 comment: